"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, July 8, 2010

"To the Victor Go the Spoils!"

These hot days of summer bring out the huntress in me. Behold my latest spoils!

A NAPCO Mrs. Santa Claus figurine for a mere $2.00!!



For my son, an old painted "EDUCA" (made in France) wood pull-toy - $5.00. Old wood toys just pull me in (no pun intended!) The colors are rich and aged after years of play. The wood is still solid and smooth to the touch. Don't you just love the little rusty bell? The whole piece reminds me of a lighthouse.



Two 1950s Santa squeak toys. They're about eleven inches tall and were 50 cents each. The kids love chasing the dog with them.



This doll was found in a box along with four other dolls below.



I couldn't make out if these were commercially made or hand-made. They remind me of an older version of Byers Choice Carolers.



When the man offered me the box for $3.00, I couldn't resist.



OK. For 75 cents, I had to get this Groovy Girl! More than anything, I was curious about who she was. It says, "Jomar Toys" on the back of her chair...which she is permenantly attached to with a screw! Why would they permenantly attach her? She looks like she was made in the 60s or early 70s. If anyone has any information on her, I'd love to hear it!



My heart skipped a beat when I got these vintage "Party Toppers" and bead garland for less than $1.00!



This entire lot was less than $7.00. Not bad!



This old hat box needed some TLC, but for $3.00, it was well worth it for its vintage look and storage ability.



This old hat box was $5.00 and now stores some ribbon. It's different from all my other hat boxes in that it's got a padded lid.



And finally, for my daughter Mary, a box-set of Laura Ingalls Wilder books for $1.50. Every little girl needs to read about "Little House"!



Here's wishing YOU luck on your next thrifting journey!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that you go that box of dolls for $3.00!!! That is amazing! I have to come that way in the future so you can take me to all your good shopping spots!!! ~Shelley O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Jill! You scored! The party picks are to die for, and the hat boxes -- love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather brings out the huntress in me too!!! He he. You scored so many neat things, I really like the wood pull toy. My kids have a couple of vintage toys (that are safe) that they play with and they are nice because they fit in with my decor ;)

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!