"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WHITE WEDNESDAY - A VINTAGE WHITE CHRISTMAS!

Today I'm joining the "White Wednesday" gals, by celebrating a Vintage White Christmas.

Here's a 1950s white Santa Claus I picked up at an antique shop in East Barre, Vermont. Even his face is white! A little spooky, I thought, but I still fell in love with him. And how could I resist his red bottle brush wreath?



Whoever owned this Santa, took excellent care of him. He's pure white even after all these years.




NEXT.....a 1920-30s MUSICAL white bottle brush tree! It stands about 16 inches tall, just an inch taller than my Santa so they totally complement each other.



And last, but certainly not least, white celluloid reindeer from the 1930s. I also learned something new. Soft celluloid, like the reindeer below, is generally from the 1930s, whereas the hard celluloid is from the 1950s.



To see more White Wednesday celebrations, go to fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com!

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing vintage Christmas things, no matter what time of the year! I've never seen an all white Santa like that, or a musical bottle brush tree. Such great finds, love them all, and I like looking at your blog header because it's hot and sticky here!
    Happy WW!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Christmas all year at our house, so I was especially delighted to see your fabulous finds! I scrolled down and looked at the Vermont antiques store you visited - what a fabulous lot of treasures! The Christmas ornaments look splendid hanging from the ceiling!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Stone Cottage! I also love white at Christmas.Thanks for sharing with us.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cute finds!!! i love your santa white face and all:)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!