"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, June 16, 2010

White Wednesday Cherubs

Funny how collections start.



My collecting white cherubs started in April. I was gathering items that would fit in with Mary's "Fairy Garden" party, when I spotted this planter for $1.50. We used it to hold utensils.



My intention was to donate it back to the thrift shop after the party, but I found myself holding onto it. Maybe it was his face, but I just felt peace and inspiration every time I looked at him.



I found this cherub in Vermont. He's pure cement.



I don't go out of my way looking for them, but when I spot one I like, I take him home.



My "art studio" has become my sanctuary. It's the place I work with my hands and free my mind.



It's where I co-create with the Holy Spirit and thank God for all the good in my life.



It's where I teach my children by example, they're never too old to "play".



Surrounding myself with white cherubs reminds me to use my art as a form of prayer and to glorify God, rather than worry about what other's might think.



When we quit worrying about the end result, we become absorbed in the process and experience the pure joy of creating.



At his last performance, as the audience enthusiastically cheered, the great Composer, Hayden lifted his hands towards Heaven and said, "Not from me - from there, above, comes everything!"

10 comments:

  1. I used to teach an art class to kids. And our class scripture was Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God Created" See thats why we all love it so much and NEED to have our studios and enjoy the process. It's the very first words He says to us....

    luvs and glitter
    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cement one! He could great you at your front door or compliment your garden. They are all so sweet and innocent looking. I love when you add to your collection and post:) ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of angels! Happy White Wednesday <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cherub collection is darling...thanks for sharing...i love the quote from Hayden...that is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection you have! And you just made me realize that I guess I have one too. A few in the garden, and a couple inside. How did I not know that? Anyway, I especially love the planter and the one holding the little cornucopia. Your studio sounds like a very peaceful place!
    Happy White Wednesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill,

    A lovely collection and you expressed yourself beautifully. I totally agree - we have so much to be thankful for every day!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cherub collection. I collect them too. And can I just say that I'm so jealous of you cottage.I want to build one soooo badly.

    come visit
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jill, thank you for visiting. I only have a few cherubs or angels. They are all bronz. I love them because they remind me of my sweet daughter that died 30 years ago when she was 4 months old. I just bought one that is laying down sleeping. She's going in my front garden. The others are small and they are on my mantle. I'll post them again sometime.

    Big Hugs
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post Jill--so much truth in it. Thanks for sharing. Your cherubs are adorable. Reminds me of one of my favorite verses--"For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looooove your cherub collection! I am a cherub fanatic myself and have quite a collection. Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!