"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Using the Gifts that God Gives Us


Franz Joseph Haydn, one of the most prolific and prominent composers of the classical period, once said to his musicians, "There are so few happy and contented people here below. Sorrow and anxiety pursue them from everywhere. Perhaps, your work may someday become a spring from which the careworn may draw a few moments rest and refreshment."

Although this was said for those living over 200 years ago, it still rings true today. I hope that every artist reading this (whether you write, dance, sculpt, paint, etc.), becomes a spring from which the careworn may draw a few moments rest and refreshment.

Sometimes when I find myself overly worrying and anxious, I look at your art blogs as a way to escape the harsh realities of this world. I imagine there are plenty of others who do the same. I bet you never even realized how much your work comforts and inspires others.

Now don't you feel good about yourself? Of course you do!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww...would't that be nice:) You are inspiring me everyday! ;) ~Shelley O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come here for my heart warming fix...I love our new found friendship. You are a faithful soul and so am I. Were like two delicious cupcakes in the cupcake box of life...Smiles on this Thursday morning...Was it not fun to see Carol's post on all her patriotic goodies? Saw your comment there too. I hope you join me again in July for my give away and I also hope you win! Aunt Hattie's Hut...read all about it soon!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!