"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Last of My Antique Finds!

We've come to the end of our showcase. It's been a lot of fun sharing with you, knowing that like-minded individuals and art enthusiasts can see the beauty and potential of things many would consider junk.

So, without further adieu, let me present one of my favorite finds....

A 1956 Lefton little Christmas girl.



When I look at this piece, I imagine the cold wind blowing against this young child as she makes her way to town, trying to find the perfect gift for her mommy and daddy.



Here's a young girl riding a bike. I see lots of potential when I look at this piece, but wait! There's more!



She needs a little brother, or maybe even her first boyfriend, as a bike riding companion. I may make these into Valentines!



I bought this purely for sentimental reasons as my daughter's name is Mary. If there had been a "Nicolai" planter, I would have bought that too!



My mind's eye envisions Santa and his elves riding this old carriage planter. A year ago, I wouldn't have given this carriage a second look; but now I see endless possibilities.



How do you like this Holt Howard Pixie? See how she sparkles and winks at you! She may wind up a Christmas elf by the time I'm through with her.



You may have to be a Christmas fanatic to appreciate this shabby chic pair of red baby shoes!



Although I hate to take it apart, here's an old hat adorned with black velvet flowers I could use for some Halloween folk art.



I picked up this old black hat specifically for the quality of its black feathers. Can you tell I've got All Hallows Eve on my mind?



Some vintage velvet flowers...



And a bag full of millinery.



To anyone looking to reorganize their art supplies, I highly recommend hat boxes. I picked both of these up for a total of $8.00. The one on top is old and the bottom is new.



This picture came out way too dark! Two of these horses are Breyer. The big brown horse was being sold by a woman who had it for 20 years so she was a little sad to see it go. I assured her he would be given a whole new life with a Santa Claus riding him someday.



I almost missed this celluloid sleigh hiding high up on a shelf. I'm envisioning it filled with toys, Santa, and maybe an elf or two.



Two albino celluloid deer from the 1930s.



These flying reindeer were hiding in a corner, but luckily, I spotted them. What makes them different than the other reindeer I have is that they are connected to a wire that sets them off the ground as if in motion.



And now I'm through.
I hope that you
Have enjoyed my blog today.
If it made you smile
It was worth my while
And I'll blog again Monday!

Goodnight Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Love it all! The little boy and girl on the bikes are precious! Yes you could have a lot of fun with them on Valentines. I can see it now. I want those hats too! Can't wait to see how you use the flowers and feathers off of them for Halloween!!! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how cute your Lefton finds are!!! i think they have the sweetest faces...and that bag of millinery...*swoon*...that was a fabulous find indeed...lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!