"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I've been in this world 41 years today. And to celebrate this auspicious occasion, I figure I'd do it up right - by hitting a flea market early this morning! Check out all my finds!



$2.00 - Five Christmas cds. I'm always looking to replenish my stock.



$1.00 - Two nesting boxes



$1.00 - Two unopened packets of angel and cherub die-cuts.



$1.00 - Three 1952 stamp & coloring books. I thought the kids would get a kick out of these.



$1.00 - Vintage Santa picks



$2.00 - Shoe-box sized Tupperware full of bird supplies. Doesn't it figure? I just mailed my package yesterday for a bird swap!



$2.00 - Shoe-box sized Tupperware filled with wooden hearts and Valentine crafts. I think I'll be hosting another party for Mary this year!



$2.00 - The MOTHER LOAD of new and old chenille stems! I also found some parasols, white fans, and vintage wedding supplies hiding inside!



$1.00 - cookie cutters



$2.00 - a box overflowing with Halloween delights!



50 cents - Four old aluminum children's tea party plates. They're so cute! They have "The Three Little Kittens" etched inside.



At the very last table, I came across all those art supplies being sold by an elderly woman who used to consider crafting her "Bliss."

Ted took the kids out for a few hours, giving me some much needed time to myself. And hopefully, my many subtle, ok.....maybe not-so-subtle, hints to bring home a chocolate birthday cake is resonating in Ted's subconscious mind. If not, Mary knows what to do!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Happy Birthday to you..... Such wonderful gifts you found today! Have a fantastic weekend. oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Friend!!!!! Glad you had a fun day!!! ~Shelley O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple days late, but still ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jill! You did some pretty good birthday shopping - good scores! What a fun way to spend your day :) Wishing you much adventure & creativity this coming year.
    Ev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Ted took us all out to dinner last night and DID remember the chocolate birthday cake! Nothing walking on the treadmill at the "Fat Blast" speed won't take care of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Jill! WOW! That's a great lot of stuff you picked up! Can't wait to see what you make with it.
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!! Looks like you had a blast shopping for you!!! That is awesome!! It's always great to do things for yourself!! Glad you got the Chocolate cake too!! Enjoy today also Jill! XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy late birthday. That's a lot of birthday goodness you found! Love thse little tea plates.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!