"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Friday, June 11, 2010

The Christmas Loft

If you love Christmas, and you're ever in Shelburne, VT, you may want to stop by The Christmas Loft.

As soon as you open the doors, you're greeted with the heavenly scent of cinnamon sticks and a snowy village to walk through.



The Christmas village is set at night, with lamp posts glowing and shops lit up with people busily working inside.



It was something right out of "A Christmas Carol."



Can you see Santa flying overhead?!





I love this man leaning out his window to get a glimpse of Santa flying over the houses!



Can't you just smell the gingerbread cookies and hot-crossed buns?




Considering the lighting was really dark and Ted was using his cellphone to take the pictures, they came out pretty well.



After visiting the Christmas Village, there are all sorts of little rooms filled with Christmas and even Halloween decorations. I wish we had a store like this near our house!

5 comments:

  1. I think I just need to move in there!
    luvs and glitter
    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!!! We have something similar called North Pole City and when I go in there my heart starts pounding with excitement!!! Then I leave feeling sick because I spent soooooo much money! lol!! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Jill you really do love Christmas!!! Great pictures!! I just got home tonight from our vacation!! Sim and I were gone a week on Lake Huron!! It's so beautiful!! Sim fixed our digital so now I can blog more and have a great pictures to share!!! Hope you're doing good! XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, love your work, you are truly talented and unique. I am a follower and thanks for visiting me and becoming my follower. your a jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing. When I was little they used to have figures in the mall kind of like this. It was one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!