"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BEST Antique Shop EVER!

While in Vermont, we came across what seemed to be a small Mom & Pop Shop. Boy, did we underestimate this overwhelmingly packed antique store!


You name it, they had it! Make sure to click the picture to get an even closer view! These were taken from Ted's phone camera so they may not be as clear as normal pics.


There was literally too much to focus on!


If you thought you had seen everything in one spot, all you had to do was look up!


The owner had been collecting and selling for 58 years. When he was 12, he would earn quarters doing odd jobs. Then he would go to auctions and estate sales, buy what was left, and resell them at yard sales.


They had everything imaginable!


Considering the shop was bursting at the seams, it was amazing how clean and organized they kept it. There was a definite order of things.


Upstairs, you were greeted with all kinds of goodies too!


Just when you thought you saw it all, there was another turn bringing you to a completely new area!


Because there were so many old toys, the kids were happily amused while we browsed and bought!


You could never tell what something would cost though. Some things were way over priced, while other things were completely fair.


I got a lot of vintage goodies to go along with my folk art!


My wheels were turning....so many things....so many ideas!


I'm really happy with what I brought home from this shop. Some I will use to decorate my own home, but most will be incorporated into my Santa work.


Are your eyes getting tired yet?


Can you tell how overwhelming, but exciting it was?!


I think this is the most fun we ever had in an antique shop.


Oh, how I wish this store was near my house! Then again, I'd probably go broke!


A Festival for the Eyes! That's what that was!



More Fun to Come!!

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I love that last picture especially, so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those ornaments hanging from the ceiling! WOW...this is my kind of shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Unbelievable! Thanks for taking me along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I want to go there!!! I am new to your blog. It's so nice to meet you! I look forward to getting to know you better. Have a nice week! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh!!! that shop looks packed to the gills...you would need a week to take it all in i think...i would love to see it in person...thanks for the tour...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jill what an awesome shop! I like the picture of the window with the colored bottles in it! I would probably be so overwhelmed I'd have to go back another day also to look again! and your right it is a good thing it's not to close to you!! LOL Glad you enjoyed it! XOXO Fran.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!