"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well, Color Me PINK!

Maybe it's all the rain we've been having, but I'm just in a PINK mood today!



This was my first time bleaching and dying a dark green sisal tree into a shabby chic pink one!



Vintage pale pink pearls and sparkly pink glitter.....



An assortment of paper flowers, pastel balls, and mini sea shells...



....and a vintage blue bird pin as the tree topper made for a very creative, shabby chic kind of day!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Why yes I am a gemini :) Love your pink tree and june pearls :) the little bird is just sweet! I will be praying for that sweet girl ugh cancer again! My heart hurts for her chemo is not fun my husband went through it 9 years ago when the kids were 3 and 4 it was not easy but we made it. Please keep me posted...

    luvs and glitter
    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this! Hi Jill! This is Jack (Jackie) just stopping by to say night night and wanting you to know I'm praying for the sweet girl. Life is full of trials and tribulations for sure. The bible tells us to count our troubles joy. Something good must be coming out of this hardship she is in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, you did a wonderful job with the tree - I didn't know you could bleach and dye sisal. It's absoultely beautiful! So sorry to hear about your friend - wishing her and her family strength and peace and many years of joy in their future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I appreciate all the prayers for Chris' recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks SO cute...i have bleached those trees but always left them white...or, i should say...as white as they would get...i do love how they look in pink and all blinged out!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!