"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sometimes it's just fun to rummage!

I found this vintage tin Valentine heart the other day for 10 cents.



The perfect container for all my pastel pearls and strings of rhinestones!



After "ooooohing and ahhhhhing" over all the pinkness, my daughter Mary spent hours in the studio nimbly creating little bracelets and necklaces. Sharing the same tin of pearls, I sat across from her decorating vintage-style pink Christmas trees.



I don't know what's more fun, rummaging myself or watching her eyes widen with excitement as SHE rummages!



From pretty and pastel to rustic and primitive - I love it all!



Vintage jewelry....oh the ideas that come to mind!



Sometimes to get the creative juices flowing, it's just fun to step back and rummage!

4 comments:

  1. i know it...whenever i am not feeling particularly inspired...i pull out some of my goodies and sift through them...sometimes just looking at what i have will inspire me to make something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to make one of those vintage jewelry wreaths. Why? I have no flippin reason...I just like them. I'm the Little Mermaid under the sea with all her gazmo's and gizmo's to play with and I see you are from that world too.
    Waving from Washington! Thank you for being faithful on my blog. A groovy wink to you!
    ~the girl with the curl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the goodies you have!!! I wanta come and go rummaging with you!!! and see all the beautiful history you have around you!!! A girl can dream can't she? Have a great day Jill! Give Mary a hug for me. XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty post! Love all the beads and bling! That makes me want to get up and create something right now! hehe

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!