"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, May 9, 2010

So, I was feeling a little sad...

...because I'm sick on Mother's Day AGAIN. Feeling sorry for myself, I actually blogged about it yesterday than deleted it soon after. I'll save the bad news for the media!

While Ted's at his first 5K Run in Philly to fight Cancer, my eyes POPPED open to "Happy Mother's Day! We made you breakfast!" Mary then handed me a bowl of vanilla yogurt topped with grapes, explaining that we ran out of strawberries. Next, Mary excitedly gave me all my presents.

A paper doll decorated in vintage fabric. Mary's much more creative than I was at her age. I would have just drawn the doll.



A "Japan Fan" as she called it.



My very own laptop!



A paper doll



And what would be Mother's Day without a crown?!



Now Mary wants to know, "Since there's Father's Day and Mother's Day, is there a Kid's Day?"

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! YOU DESERVE IT!

9 comments:

  1. How precious! You can't get any better than that! True unconditional love! Please get better fast my friend!! I'm hoping your package gets there tomorrow! Take care, XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. What precious gifts. And breakfast in bed!
    Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Hope you're feeling better. Mary's gifts made even me feel special! Love the lap top and other creative gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I think at this point, it's just going to be a lingering cold. It did turn out to be a sweet Mother's Day.

    I'm also very proud of Ted. He ran his very first 5K race and came home beaming with pride. It was to help support Breast Cancer too, so that made it all the more worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'laptop' is beyond cute! Such a creative chip off the old block :) Glad you had a good day in spite of being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! Those Mother's Day gifts are priceless!!!! Thanks for sharing them with everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shay, hope you had a good Mother's Day too! Mary has now claimed half my art studio. She sits on one side of the table while I get the other. I don't mind, it's great Mother-Daughter time and I love seeing her imagination go!

    Bonni, great to meet you! Thanks for becoming a Friend (I really want to change the word "Follower" but don't know how. It seems so....narcissistic!) The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming by my blog! Those Mother's day gifts are absolutely precious! Something to cherish forever! Looks like Mary has inherited your love of making things with her hands! I absolutely adore the paper doll and the laptop. You should put a picture of you wearing her crown! Wouldn't she be proud! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  9. To change "followers", go to your layout, then edit "Followers" to what you want it to say. God bless! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!