"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Swap Ever!!

I never knew blogging could be so much fun! Thanks to Gina at theshabbychiccottage.net, I was able to participate in my very first swap! This one was a "Spring Supply Swap" where I was partnered with two other women who share similar interests.

About 5 pm last night, I saw the mailman walking up our path with 2 packages! I figured I'd take my time and savor the moment. Nope! I dove right in!

The first package I opened was from Michelle at afullcottage.blogspot.com.

Opening the box....


Box full of goodies!


All kinds of yummy scrapbook paper....


Different shades of white cloth doilies...


2 jars of shells and buttons....


I ADORE this fabric! Red is my absolute favorite color! I've got big plans for the vintage glass pearls too.


Wall paper border. Love the country look!


2 white candles that fit my new candle holder!


Vintage sheet music. I was actually searching for more of this!


Decorative balls with cinnamon sticks...


The whole lot!


Next, this is what I sent to Michelle. Like me, her favorite color is red. Originally, I started collecting anything red, but it soon turned into an Americana Theme!


Lots of red, white, and blue quilt squares and anything with those colors. The snowman was made from a wooden laundry pin. The white ceramic ornament can be painted or left as-is. You can open it up and put a little gift inside! There's also a hand-sewn gingham heart ornament.


More fabrics, ribbons, thread, and vintage eyelet trims.


This is a vintage hand-made stained-glass ornament I purchased at a Craft Fair years ago. Because it's a heart, it can be used all year long.


Red sparkly glitter and tiny beads.

Using knives and gouges, I carved a Santa Claus into a vintage spool.

What Americana Theme would be complete without American flags?!




That was too much fun putting together! Thanks Michelle!

2 comments:

  1. Love that candle holder! Looks like you got lots of loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like everything the swap was so much fun and it was so nice to get to know you better. I am in the process of writing a blog post about the swap too. I have company coming this morning(so I have to clean the house)so maybe I will be able to post it in the afternoon before I go to work.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!