"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Converted Art Studio!

Well, I just couldn't wait any longer for the "perfect" time to create an art studio, so I took the bull by the horns and just did it!

For a long time, we've talked about converting the Dining Room into a studio for me, but I hated giving up that needed space for when family and friends come over. Also, I didn't like the idea of having my all my supplies out in the open.



We remedied the two concerns first, by keeping the table and chairs so they'll be available for family events. I just put large pieces of kraft paper over the table to protect it. The table is very large, giving me lots of space to work. Just for fun, I kept some of the Fairy party decorations up for the summer.



As for my supplies, I hid most of them in decorative boxes and labeled them for easy access.



These old shelves have been more loyal than our dog! We bought them for $20 16 years ago when I moved into my first apartment. Since then, they've moved with us 4 times and traveled to my brother's home for a few years when he was newly married. When he upgraded his furniture, I didn't have the heart to see them tossed out, so we took them back for storage. Someday, we'll say goodbye to them, but for now, they do a great job keeping my supplies organized.



The 60-year-old wallpaper still hangs on the walls and is at least 2 layers thick. One side of the room doesn't even have electricity! It may not make it into "Where Women Create" magazine, but no matter. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, I love this post! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I didn't get the email from Gina that you are my swap buddy! So I emailed her and she said you are mine! Yay! If you sent me an email I didn't get it either! Gina did a great job of putting us together! We do have alot in common! LOL Anyways here is my email: thebagglady@comcast.net I'm gonna check out more of your blog now! XO Fran. I too love Where Woman Create!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!