"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Early Mother's Day Present!

Since Ted knew I was converting our Dining Room into an Art Studio (see post below), he gave me an early Mother's Day present to help decorate. Isn't it bodacious?!



This candle holder is from a church, I believe in Philadelphia, that was being closed. I saw it in an antique store a few weeks ago and fell in love. By nature, I am usually drawn to earthy tones and colonial style decorations. But, I do have a great appreciation for the Victorian/Edwardian/Shabby Chic styles too. Variety is the spice of life!



I like having angels in my studio!

6 comments:

  1. That is a very cool piece. And I think your husband is a keeper for getting it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How crazy is this- I grew up in BucksCounty!! Newtown boro, Council Rock graduate class of 78!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! How wonderful that you not only got a great present that you wanted, but early too!!

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet guy to find something like that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill~
    I'm thrilled you signed on to my blog and I've love your home and your life...simple times working with your hands and Santa's and Christmas go with my elves and gnomes...for sure!
    I hope you come along on our Groovy Girl journey! I have been blogging for about a year and I love it. I've made some fabulous friends that keep me going everyday!
    I'll be back to you. Everyone should come over here to visit you. It's pure pleasure!
    ~Jacqueline~ (I am also known as the girl with the curl)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for all the great comments and for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!