"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who Says Storage Can't be Pretty?

*WHEW!* All this Spring cleaning has gotten addicting! While sorting my art supplies, I decided it was high time to put my stash in prettier containers, rather than the ugly (albeit practical) tupperware bins.

I didn't realize just how many boxes I've collected. I guess I'll need to find storage for my storage!




Below are other ideas for storing your pretties. A simple basket holds different laces and trims. You can also use glass and tin containers. Glass jars are nice for storing items like colorful buttons and ribbons. Not only is this practical, but pretty to look at as well. Here, I use Ted's Grandmother's vintage picnic tin to hold all sorts of fabric scraps.

Both containers sit on a wooden box my Grandfather Donnelly painted over 40 years ago. It's the only tangible item I own of my Grandfather, who passed away years before I was even born, so it's very special to me. Rough-hewn though it may be, I treasure this box and consider it a family heirloom. For now, it protects the woodcarvings I've made for my children throughout the years. Storing what I made by hand, in a box my Grandfather painted with his own hands, gives me a true connection to the man I've never known.



I hope this inspired you to think outside of the box when you try to organize your own space. Storage is a necessity, but that doesn't mean it can't be pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING!