"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Favorite Kitchy Thrift Shop

I've often mentioned my favorite thrift store haunt here so figured I'd show you why it's my favorite! Unfortunately, the pictures came out pretty dark and photography is not where my skills lie! If you click on the picture, it'll give you a better close-up view.

So, here's the front of what we call, "The Barn." Its nickname is actually "BATS" for Bryn Athn Thrift Store, but calling it the Barn just stuck with us.



What I love about the Barn is it's constantly changing and it's very neat and clean. The upstairs is decorated with the most wonderful old planes and cars! That's the World War I Flying Ace in the cockpit!




I wouldn't have wanted to be the one to hang this!



Isn't this better than a typical run down shop?



Love this old hot rod!



I can't wait for the next holiday - they really do it up!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I need to go there some day. When I worked in the city, I used to pass it every day going to work and never stopped. Bet I missed lots of fun stuff. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR VISITING!