"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, April 8, 2010

Making Do

MAKE DO: To bring into existence by shaping, modifying, or putting together material; construct: make a dress; made a stone wall.

In this case, hide an extremely ugly hanging light!

Since leaving my career to become a stay-at-home mom seven years ago, we've had to give up, or at least put off indefinitely, upgrades to the home. The Dining Room, including a hideous chandelier, is the last priority on our list. Now, I love vintage just as much as the next person, but this light fixture goes too far!

With Mary's "Enchanted Fairy Garden" soon approaching, our Dining Room has exploded in flowers, butterflies, and birds! I figured it was the perfect time to hide the monstrosity of what hangs above our heads. I should have taken before pictures, but I think you get the basic idea. I've got to admit, all four lights DO work. I just have two turned off to dim the room.

It looks so much better, I may have to keep it up until Fall!








No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING!