"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, March 21, 2010

She Likes Me, She REALLY Likes Me!

Last night, I received a mystery package from Aunt Candy! OOOOh, it was scrumptious! Half of me couldn't wait to dive in, while the other half wanted to take my time and slowly go through its contents. Then I told the first half to take a hike and I dove.

Inside were all kinds of little treasures any folk artist would love. There was a pile of "Country Sampler" magazines that I look forward to snuggling up with on these cold rainy days. Funky vintage jewelry and bags of pretty pearls will add sparkle to my work.

The abundance of fabric and old linens will come in handy when ma teaches me to sew this summer. Admittedly, she tried teaching me a few years ago, but I gave up in frustration when my thread kept getting tangled in the machine. It's ironic. I work with big dangerous power tools that could put me in the ER in the wink of an eye, yet its the sewing machine that scares me.

Thanks for all the goodies Candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING!