"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's All in the Details





I just love turning something blah into something bold. It's just the little details that can make all the difference.

Here we have a faux chocolate Easter Bunny I bought at my favorite thrift store. A week earlier, I had seen it, picked it up, and put it back down. What made me change my mind only days later? This time I saw its potential. Like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, all it needed was a little love.

I brought it home and opened up my stash of laces and trims (now found in an old hat box from a millinery store long since closed.) Vintage millinery flowers here, delicate pink and white trim there, cheap little painted Easter eggs "upcycled" using gorgeous glitter and - Voila! - from bland to beautiful!

Peter Cottontail now proudly sits on top of Mom's mantel along with all her other Easter "delectables", as she calls them. I think I'm going to miss the little bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR VISITING!