"What one can see out in the sunlight is always less interesting than what is behind a windowpane."













Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gentlemen, We Can Rebuild Him....





...We have the technology. We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster. Well, maybe not faster, but definitely prettier!

So, I'm strolling along an antique shop the other day, minding my own business, when suddenly, this hand-carved, wooden Easter Bunny catches my eye. He stands about two feet tall and is a solid little fellow. Picking him up, I noticed a long crack darting straight down his torso. "What a shame," I said out loud to no one in particular, and put him back down. An older woman who worked there heard me and came over. I discussed with her how I liked the Easter Bunny, but not the crack down his front. To make a short story shorter, I bought him for $16 instead of $20, knowing I could fix him.

When I got home, I ran down to our handy-dandy basement and came up with wood filler. It was a beautiful day out so while the kids played in the yard and Ted burned branches, I sat on the porch repairing my new little friend. Later, I sanded and primed him with Gesso. Now is the fun part - choosing how I want to paint and decorate him. But, that's another story!

1 comment:

THANKS FOR VISITING!